Kefir has gained popularity in recent years due to its many health benefits.
Dairy products are essential and indispensable in a diet considered healthy. Among these products, Kefir is gaining popularity In many Spanish homes. It has many health benefits in addition to its amazing nutritional properties. In the following article, we are going to talk to you in more detail about kefir and why it should be a part of your daily diet.
What is Kefir?
A food that comes from kefir From the fermentation of milk or water With the help of so-called “kefir grains”. These grains are tiny colonies of beneficial bacteria and yeast that work together to create this probiotic drink.
When these grains are added to milk or water, they begin to ferment to ferment the existing sugars in liquid. This process creates a bubbly drink with a unique flavor. Also, during the fermentation process, bacteria and yeast produce compounds that are beneficial to health, such as group B vitamins and digestive enzymes.
Today you can see Different types or types of kefir : There is milk kefir, water kefir, coconut kefir and even tea kefir. Each variety has its own characteristics, but they all have an acidity and refreshing touch that make them unique and irresistible:
- Very popular and common This is milk kefir. It is made from cow, goat or plant-based milk. It has a creamy and slightly sour taste.
- Water kefir It is perfect for those who are lactose intolerant or follow a vegetarian diet. It is made with water and sugars and is usually added with fruits and herbs to give it some flavor.
- Coconut kefir It is a delicious alternative to the popular milk kefir as it contains no milk. Coconut water is fermented with kefir grains, resulting in a smooth and tropical drink.
Health Benefits of Kefir
Kefir has gained popularity in recent years For continuous benefits What does this mean for your health?
- The probiotics in kefir are ideal for keeping the gut flora in good shape. They help balance all plants. Improves digestion and strengthens the immune system.
- Kefir is delicious Among group B vitamins and in minerals such as calcium, magnesium and other essential nutrients. So it is a food that provides countless nutrients to the body.
- Regular consumption of fermented foods such as kefir has been shown to be associated With better mental health.
How to make kefir at home
You will need it if you dare to make kefir completely homemade Following items:
- Kefir grains
- A glass container
- A filter
- An elastic band
The first thing you need to do is add the kefir grains to the glass container. Then pour milk. Cover the container with the strainer and elastic band to secure it. The next thing is to let it rest for a whole day at room temperature. Once it’s fermented, you need to strain the kefir grains and it’s ready for you to eat.
In short, kefir is a wonderful food For daily food. It has many health benefits: from helping improve digestion to strengthening the entire immune system. So, don’t hesitate to start this amazing milk product and benefit from all its nutritional properties.