If you enjoy writing but lack concentration, find out how to make the space at home ideal for developing all our creative abilities.
Many people have a need, whether for work, school or a hobby, to spend time writing at home. but what is often not taken into account is the space in which said work is carried out.. It is very important have a designated place to workand thus be able to harness much more productivity and creativity in your writing or anything else you need a little corner to work on. In this article, we’ll give you some tips to help you create a space at home where you can write and work as comfortably and creatively as possible.
Choose your location well
The most important thing and the first thing you must do is choose the place very well in which you want to create this workspace. If you have the opportunity, it would be ideal to dedicate a whole room to be able to isolate and concentrate if you need it, but if this is not possible, it does not need to be a full or isolated room or a very large space, any corner of the house, in which you feel comfortable in, it is quite appropriate to turn it into your workspace.
Moreover, it is convenient that stand near the window, this way you can enjoy natural light for much longer, which your eyes will appreciate if you spend a lot of time writing, studying or working. If you’ll be using a computer or any device that needs to be plugged in or charged in this area, ideally you’ll want to place your writing area next to at least one outlet. Finally, Try to place your writing space in a room in your home where you can be alone., at least a few hours a day so that no one disturbs you when you write. If the latter is not possible, you can always isolate yourself from the noise by listening to music on headphones.
Create a comfortable space
Once you’ve chosen where you’re going to set up your writing space, the next step is to build it. To do this, you need to choose the furniture very well.:
- A comfortable armchair which allows you to maintain correct posture while sitting, since you will be spending a lot of time in it. In addition, it would be convenient if it had wheels so that you could move around comfortably and change positions without getting up.
- A a good desk or a good desk Proper sizing is a must-have for your writing: you’ll need a good space to write by hand, on the computer, or on a typewriter.
If, in addition to comfort, you are looking for a practical space in which you have everything you need to work and realize your creativity and in which you can establish a visual order that allows you to avoid a certain stress, it is advisable that you put:
- Desk with drawers or chest of drawers separately so you can store all those things you need while you write, such as notepads, planners, pens, computer accessories, etc.
- Board in which you can jot down ideas and make sketches to organize your writing process. It’s more practical than working with paper because, in addition to recycling, you can write and erase as many times as you like, changing your ideas as you go.
- Cork notice board in which you can orderly place everything you need to have in sight.
- Trash can where you can throw away things that no longer serve you, such as papers or documents. A good place to place it is under the table, as it will then be out of the way and not too visible.
Decorate it to your liking
In the process of creating a writing space at home, decoration is a very important point. This will be a place where you will spend a lot of time, so you need to create a space in which you feel comfortable not only physically, but also visually. try decorate your space based only on your taste and while always trying to maintain some coordination with the decoration of the rest of the house, it is important that there are no sharp contrasts between your writing space and the rest. While everyone obviously has their own tastes, here are some tips on how to create a calm, relaxing and inspiring environment in which you can develop your writing skills:
- Place a little at eye level painting or photograph whatever you like will help you switch off a little.
- Use light and desaturated colors both on walls and furniture, since bright colors reduce concentration and increase feelings of depression.
- Install a desk lamp that will help you see clearly at night without straining your eyes.
- If you have a window, use curtains that allow light to pass through.
Keep it clean and tidy
Once you have the perfect writing space in your home, the most important thing is to… keep it clean and tidy. Order is essential in a writing space because it helps maintain a positive mood and increases productivity. To do this, use all the storage spaces that you have installed, such as drawers, paper organizers, folders, boards, etc. Try to bring order to your clutter, every person is a whole world, they have their own tastes and way of working, therefore organization is not something precise. There are many techniques, but you need to find the ones that you are most comfortable with.one in which items don’t bother you, one in which you work without feeling overwhelmed or frustrated.
In addition to maintaining order in your writing or work space, it is very important to keep it clean. Like the rest of the house, it’s a must. periodically clean with specific products for each piece of furniture. Try not to accumulate a lot of papers and trash in the writing area, this, as we already mentioned, is very useful. To begin with, place a trash can nearby, from where we can get rid of what is already useful to us. and with which we can also recycle.