There are many ways to water your plants without being at home and prevent them from dying.
Having plants in your home is a great idea when it comes to adding a natural touch to your home. The problem is that they have to be watered regularly and require some maintenance to keep them in tip-top condition.
When we are at home there are no problems. The bad thing is that we’re going away for a while and watering them is more difficult. You don’t have to worry about that because with this series of tips and tricks, you can go on vacation without worrying about whether your plants are okay.
Methods of watering plants in summer
If you have plants on the balcony and also have a faucet, this will not be so difficult. Because with a drip irrigation system you can provide perfect watering to your plants. The system is inexpensive and will help you enjoy your holiday without worrying about the condition of the plants.
The problem occurs with both indoor plants and outdoor plants where you do not have a tap to install an irrigation system. With this in mind, there are a number of methods that can save your life that I will discuss below:
- Self-watering pots
- Innovative irrigation systems
- Home methods of watering plants
Without a doubt, the most effective and most appropriate method is the first, or, in other words, one that has self-watering pots. This is a type of pan that has a double bottom. Water accumulates at the base, and the substrate is located above. These pots have a kind of “sendicate” that tells you when the plant needs water.
Thus, the plant takes water when it needs it, without your presence at that moment. These types of pots are ideal for use in the summer when you need to go on vacation. You can fill the water tank and the plant will supply the water it needs without you having to worry at all. Typically the plant will last about half a month of water, although this will largely depend on whether the plant needs more or less water.
The second method is known as innovative irrigation system. These are systems that are designed to water plants in your absence. It is wise to go to a specialist gardening store and ask them to explain how this system works so that you can water all your plants perfectly without fear of finding them dead or in very poor condition when you return from holiday.
In addition to the previous methods, You can save some money and make your own irrigation system.. Next, we will show you several completely homemade methods that will allow you to water your plants in your absence:
- A simple bottle and string can be used to make an effective drip system. To do this, bury the end of the cord in the ground and place the other end in a bottle of water. He will get to the factory without any problems.
- The most popular method is an upside down bottle and something that can filter the water.. This is a plant watering system thanks to an inverted bottle. The hole in the bottle should be completely millimeter wide to provide the plants with moisture, but not to over-water them.
- If you have a bathtub at home and it receives enough natural light, you can use it to water your plants. To do this, you will have to place a stopper on the tub and place a large piece of plastic over the entire base. Then you need to lay down some bricks and place the plants on them. To complete, fill the bathtub with water to about 5 cm.
As you have seen, there are many ways to water your plants without being at home to do so.. Sometimes not being able to leave the house for several days due to caring for plants is a real problem. With them, your plants will not lack water, and you can enjoy your holiday without worry. Also remember that in addition to water, they should be placed in an area of the house that gets some sunlight.
I hope that you have taken a good look at the various irrigation methods that exist and choose the one that you think is the easiest and most effective when it comes to keeping your plants in tip-top condition. If none of them convinces you, You will always have the opportunity to ask a trusted person for a favor..