The purity of honey is another aspect to take into account as it provides a large number of health benefits.
Honey is one of the foods that offers a large number of properties and health benefits, but it should be taken in moderation and not in excess. It contains high amount of sugars and is very caloric, so you have to be careful while consuming it. Another aspect to take into account is the purity of the honey., depending on which it provides a large number of health benefits. In the following article we talk to you about the properties of honey and how to know if honey is pure.
Health benefits of honey
- Above all, honey stands out as a food with high levels of antioxidants. That’s why it’s perfect when it comes to fighting. Against free radicals and slows the signs of aging.
- It’s a miracle A source of quality proteins.
- Honey It is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. It is perfect for healing wounds and burns and repairing tissues.
- It is perfect when treating stomach problems. Like gastritis and helps reduce gastroesophageal reflux.
Which honey has more properties?
Honey made from citrus It has very healthy properties compared to other classes or types of honey. Citrus honey is high in antioxidants, which are perfect for fighting free radicals in the body.
Where does the honey sold in the market come from?
Although Spain is the largest producer of quality honey, most of our honey comes from abroad. It is of very poor quality. Due to the lower prices, many people choose this type of honey to the detriment of pure honey.
Adulterated honey usually has a very low percentage of honey while still being fine It contained 100% pure honey. That is why it is important to carefully look at the labeling before buying one or another honey. Consuming honey rich in additives with some purity is not the same as consuming high quality honey.
How to know if honey is pure?
pure honey It has many health benefits and properties. Unfortunately, most of the honey in the market is adulterated and lacks the properties that pure honey has. Don’t miss the details of this series of tips to help you determine if honey is pure:
- Pure or good quality honey is usually available A thick, lumpy appearance inside the jar. Poor quality or adulterated honey is usually too runny.
- It is important to look at the label and avoid wording Fructose syrup, such as syrups or sweeteners.
- Pure honey usually contains very little water. If you rub it with your fingers and You observe it very fluidlyIt means adulteration.
- Good quality honey usually does not leave marks when placed on some absorbent paper.
- If you take a spoonful of honey and add some vinegar and Some foam comes outIt means sweet or poor quality honey.
In short, it is important to know how to distinguish quality honey from sweet honey. Difference in nutrition and health status This is very important, so it is important to easily identify pure honey from substandard honey.