We tell you all the benefits of the dietary supplement that has become so fashionable.
Recently, it has become very fashionable Magnesium carbonate, a food item loaded with beneficial properties for our body. Want to know what it is and what are its health benefits? In this article we explain everything about this great natural partner.
What is magnesium and where is it found?
Magnesium is the seventh most common element on Earth and is found dissolved in the oceans and makes up 2% of the Earth’s crust. It is an essential element for the vitality of cells. Approximately 25 grams of this mineral is in our body, half of which is in our bones. Most of its intake is found in water, seeds, some vegetables or nuts. There are plenty of natural foods that are rich in magnesium.Let’s look at some examples:
– Brazil nuts have about 376 mg of magnesium and almonds have 400 mg.
– We find 366 mg, 292 mg and 535 mg of magnesium in cumin, flax and pumpkin seeds respectively.
Some spices, such as basil, have 422 mg or coriander, 694 mg.
-Cocoa powder contains 500 mg of magnesium.
– Agar has 770 mg of magnesium.
-Brown rice contains 781 mg of magnesium.
Signs that your body is deficient in magnesium
however, In industrialized countries, its intake has declined Due to the emergence of highly processed food and low consumption of grains, there is a need to take it more often through supplements or products. Additionally, taking alcohol, contraceptives, menstrual treatments or diuretics can deplete this mineral in our body, as well as make us suffer from diarrhea and excessive sweating. A sign that we are not providing our body with all the magnesium it needs These include muscle spasms, spontaneous bone fractures, nervous tremors, hair loss, nervousness, muscle pain or cartilage loss. In this case, you should consider supplementing your diet with a magnesium carbonate supplement.
Magnesium carbonate is a white, solid, natural chemical compound. It is tasteless, so this mineral can be added to any food, sweet or salty, without changing its taste. It is suitable for people of any age and pregnant women. This product is very popular What we can find in supermarkets without any problems Capsules and powder. You can take it anytime with breakfast, lunch or dinner. You should add a tablespoon of powder with certain meals or take two tablets.
Benefits of Magnesium Carbonate
Magnesium carbonate has many qualities, which are particularly relevant:
– It is a very alkaline food. It helps in improving the immune system and hence, helps in fighting diseases, infections and other external aggressions.
– It is useful in combating hyperactivity and attention deficit disorder.
– It helps our body to grow. It is responsible for the formation of all tissues in the body including bones, muscles, kidneys, nerves, liver, brain and lungs. It is also necessary for the formation of antibodies, enzymes and hormones. It is essential for fixing calcium and vitamin C in the bones.
– Fight stress. It helps to relax the body when we are stressed or when we are sleep deprived as it stimulates the brain functions and the transmission of nerve impulses.
– Fight circulation problems And avoid excess bad cholesterol.
– It is a natural energy. It helps to restore our physical condition and comfort us when we are tired.
– It is compatible with any drugs. It is not a medicine, but a food, so it has few contraindications and can be taken along with any medicine. This mineral It is excreted through urine and feces Therefore, it is almost impossible to get poisoned if you take too much, because the body absorbs only the required amount.
– Improves digestion. It is used to treat intestinal transit problems, irritable bowel syndrome or constipation. It does not cause cramps or intestinal discomfort, so anyone can take it and it is ideal for people with peptic ulcers, hysterectomy, cesarean section, anal fistulas or hemorrhoids in other cases.
It is a natural laxative It works by drawing water into the intestines and increasing stool volume. Its effect starts to be noticed within 4 to 12 hours of consumption. It is also used as an antacid because its effect is similar to that of baking soda and fruit salt to relieve heartburn. It helps fight gas and improves intestinal flora.
– Vitamin B strengthens the function We consume it with food, so it is better to take it with meat, fish or grains.
– Helps in weight loss. Magnesium helps prevent fluid retention, making it ideal for those looking to lose weight.
– It is used in various types of cosmetics. It has absorbent properties and is a good base for low density powders.
– Used in paper industry. Give that characteristic white color.
– It is the economy. A jar of about 500 grams costs approximately €10.
Contraindications of magnesium carbonate
Although very healthy, it may contain magnesium carbonate Some contradictions So, it is better to go to a specialist before taking it. Otherwise you may suffer Diarrhea, allergic reactions, rashes, itching or difficulty breathing. The recommended dose for an adult is 300 to 500 grams daily.
If this is exceeded, arrhythmia or dyspnea may occur. It is not indicated for people with kidney failure problems, as they may have problems removing excess magnesium from the body in this way. If you have problems with diarrhea, colitis, or poor digestion, taking magnesium carbonate is not a good idea because acting as a laxative can make symptoms worse.