Widow’s pension and some requirements that must be taken into account to receive it.
The main reason why a widow’s pension was created is to cover the financial needs that the deceased’s partner or spouse may have. When that person dies, his or her companion, or even his or her family, may be left in a situation of a certain lack of protection, especially if the deceased person was the sole or main and main source of income for that family. Therefore, the state gives us this opportunity. From Bequia we will tell you what all the requirements are necessary to obtain it and what its amount is..
What is the pension for a widow?
Widow’s pension or assistance can be defined as insurance benefit or economic assistance, Social Security Pays When Our Partner Died. Therefore, it is the right of the people when such a circumstance arises.
We will retain this economic benefit for life with the goal of protect the situation of economic necessity this will be caused by the death of the person who will be paying the benefit. However, as with many other types of assistance, there are a number of requirements that must be met to qualify for a widow’s pension.
Requirements that the deceased had to meet
When a person dies, there is no certainty that their partner or spouse will receive a widow’s pension. As we have already indicated, there is a number of functions which a person must observe at the time of death, which we list below:
- The most important thing is to register or linked to the General Social Security Regime. In addition, a minimum premium period must be met, which varies depending on the cause of death. If this was due to illness, this period is 500 days without interruption during the five years preceding death. If the death was due to an accident, the point is not required.
- If this first requirement is not met and the deceased is not registered in the social security system, the period for payment of contributions increases to 15 years throughout his life.
- You must be the recipient of an occupational pension at the time of death.
- You must stop working while entitled to a funded old-age pension and die before claiming it.
- Be a beneficiary disability pension at the moment of death.
- Missing workers as a result of an accident under circumstances in which his death is expected or 90 days have passed since the accident.
- Be employees with a full permanent disability pension and choose compensation for those under 60 years of age.
Requirements for receiving a widow’s pension
Apart from the requirements mentioned above, there are also others that the other person, that is, the one who is going to receive the widow’s pension, must meet. So there are some conditions that must be met by both parties:
- If death occurs from illnessthe spouse must prove one of the following conditions: common children or been married for at least one year (provided that they were not previously a de facto couple).
- If a man whether or not legally separated from the deceasedthey can receive this pension as long as they have not remarried or become a civil couple and are not creditors of the divorce pension.
- However, even if they are not creditors of this compensation pension, they may be entitled to a widowhood pension if they are proven to have been victims of gender-based violence during separation or divorce.
- If two people enter into a marriage, it is declared void and the right to compensation is recognized until they remarry.
What is the amount of assistance to the widow?
The financial benefit that the deceased’s partner will receive will be: usually 52% of the regulatory framework this corresponds to the person responsible for the pension. However, this percentage can be increased to 60% if the deceased person meets one of the following requirements:
- Be over 65 years of age.
- They are not entitled to another state pension.
- Do not receive income from work.
- Do not have income from movable or immovable capital or income exceeding 7569 euros per year.
Moreover, it is possible that the figure of 52% increase to 70% of the regulatory framework provided that during the period of receiving the pension the following requirements are met: