Having a neat and clean home is synonymous with quality of life, and achieving this is very easy if cleaning tasks are divided depending on whether they are daily, weekly or monthly.
A clean and tidy home is synonymous with quality of life, as everyone loves to come home after a hard day at work and see that everything is in its place and looks very welcoming. However, Achieving this goal is not an easy task and requires having an adequate and realistic cleaning plan.. Dividing your tasks into daily, monthly or annual tasks will help you stay organized and avoid forgetting anything at all. Below we give you an idea of what this cleaning plan should look like.
Every day you will have to complete a number of minimal tasks. You don’t need to worry deeplybut make sure the house is clean and tidy:
- In the kitchen, you should start by placing clean dishes in the appropriate cabinets and drawers, and then move on to washing dirty dishes or putting them in the dishwasher if you have one. This way you will get make the sink completely clean. If there are leftover food residues, you’ll also need to clean them up with a sponge or rag and throw them in the trash so they don’t accumulate and create an unpleasant odor. If your pipes smell bad, you can also pour a stream of bleach down the drain without turning on the tap for the next few hours. Next, clean the countertop and ceramic hob and vacuum if necessary.
- Declutter your living room by collecting sofa cushions and folding blankets. Also pick up dirty newspapers, books or magazines.. If there are smokers in the house, throw away cigarette butts and clean ashtrays to avoid unpleasant tobacco odors.
- As for the bedrooms, open the windows in the morning to ventilate the rooms and then pick up clothes and shoes scattered on the floor or furniture. Take advantage of the opportunity to store it in appropriate drawers and cabinets because if you follow this routine daily, you will be sure that they will always be perfectly organized. Finally, air out your sheets and blankets and make your beds.
- There are times when, when entering a house, they leave their shoes or coats at the entrance or in the hallway. Also use vacuum up any dirt or mud that always sticks to your shoes and it usually comes off as soon as you enter the house.
- While deep cleaning a bathroom is a task that needs to be done weekly, surface cleaning needs to be done every day. First of all, you must walk past the sink and toiletas well as water supply to showers and screens.
- You will also have to take out the trash every day, especially if it is organic, to prevent it from giving off a bad odor. Every few days you will also have to throw away inorganics, glass or cardboardeach in a corresponding container.
It’s a good idea to set aside a couple of hours on the weekend for a more thorough cleaning and the house is kept in perfect condition throughout the week. This is not a superficial cleaning, like daily cleaning, but in weekly cleaning you will have to use it thoroughly and make a more thorough pass.
- Daily cleaning will keep the kitchen clean, but it will also require weekly cleaning. vacuum and reach every corner, then walked the mop across the floor. Now is the time to also focus on those appliances that are used every day and are easy to clean, such as the oven or microwave. Wipe down the inside of both appliances with a special grease remover and if you do this weekly they will never get too dirty and you will prolong their life. You will also have to take advantage of the weekly cleaning service to ensure look at the kitchen hood from the outsideleaving the interior for monthly cleaning.
- In the living room, it’s time to shake out the blankets and pillows, and thoroughly vacuum and dust the tables, bookcases and shelves. You can also use blank newspapers, magazines and old papers what you no longer need and what just gets in the way. Place a bouquet of fresh flowers and you will see how they will lift your spirits throughout the week.
- The bathroom is another place in the house that needs to be thoroughly cleaned. paying special attention to shower tiles, mirrors and floors.. The sink, shower and toilet also need to be cleaned, but if you follow a daily cleaning plan, you won’t have to spend too much time doing it.
- Take the opportunity to put the dirty laundry that has accumulated over the week into one or more washing machines. It is also time to wash the towels and sheets, with the most appropriate being they change every 2 weeks. If you also take advantage of your weekly cleaning service to iron your clean clothes, you will prevent buildup.
- Vacuum the whole house In general, we remove dust from all shelves and surfaces, not forgetting about door frames and pictures hanging on the walls.
Monthly cleaning plan
Many experts note that there are certain appliances that should be cleanedat least once a month in detail. This way, their useful life is extended and they remain in good working order longer.
- The hood will have to be disassembled and cleaned. both the internal part (by placing several pots of boiling water under it and using steam), and filters with appropriate degreasers. The washing machine and dishwasher also need to be washed from time to time to prevent limescale and dirt from accumulating. For this purpose, there are many models that have a special program for washing the device.
- Also take the opportunity to give a detailed review of the refrigerator. Remove all food and throw away any that are past their expiration date.. Next, clean the inside and trays to remove any food debris, and be sure to check the freezer when it’s mostly empty.
- Window glass They also need to be cleaned regularly, both inside and out. There are many suitable products for this, as well as special tools that expand so that you don’t have to put in too much effort.
With the change of season the time has come do more specific cleaning, such as locker roomsputting away clothes that are no longer needed and taking out those that are suitable for the moment.
- The terrace is also a part of the house that needs to be cleaned regularly, both the furniture and the floor. If you have plants, you can also take the opportunity to prune them and remove dead leaves. Just like on the terrace. the garden should not be neglected either. Remove leaves and branches, clear out the undergrowth and don’t hesitate to give it a new look by planting new flowers.
- If your home also has hardwood floors, you should know that it needs proper maintenance to maintain its beautiful appearance. Wipe it with products specifically recommended for this type of floor, and then apply a layer of wax to give it a shine. Except, The older the parquet, the more often it will have to be trimmed.a task that must be performed by a specialist in the care of these floors.
At least once a year you should devote one or two days give an overview of certain areas of the house that are usually not cleaned very regularlybut in which dirt also accumulates.
- If you are in the kitchen, remove bags and cans of food from the cabinets and use them to throw them away if they are past their expiration date. Then clean thoroughly with a cloth, soap and water. Next, do the same with cabinets and drawers that hold plates, glasses, or cutlery. Leave no corner unnoticed.
- Remove all clothes from closets, both in the bedrooms and in the hallway, and Place all clothes and shoes you don’t use in boxes. donate it or throw it away if it is in poor condition. It is best to carry out this cleaning at the same time as changing your summer or winter wardrobe. Also take the opportunity to thoroughly clean your closet and its shelves when it is completely empty.
- You can also use Place curtains or blinds in the washing machine if they are fabric., as well as airing carpets, mattresses and pillows. If you see that the washing machine won’t fit something, you can wash it in the bathtub or take it to the dry cleaner.
- if you have garage and atticDo a full cleanliness check, declutter everything and throw away what you no longer need. Also take the opportunity to perform small maintenance tasks, such as deep cleaning your drains to avoid nasty clogs, or blowing out your radiators.